Recycle Your Cardboard Boxes
In today’s world we are encouraged to take the necessary steps to making it one that is clean to live in. One way in which you will be able to do this is to learn how to recycle the cardboard storage boxes that are no longer being used in your home or at your work. Learn how to transform these boxes into something new and useful.
- If you have a cat than you know that they need a place to do their business. Rather than buying something new you will be able to make your own litter box. Remove the lid on the box and draw a very large square on the center of it. It should be large enough for your cat to be able to get through.
- Use a box cutter to cut the outline of the square and to make the opening. Make sure that the edges are smoothly cut and not sharp. Fold duct tape along the edges if this is the easiest way to make that happen.
- Line the inside of the box with a garbage bag and fill it with five inches of cat litter. Place the lid back on top and make sure that the ends of the bag are under the lip of the lid.
- What better way to recycle than to make a compost bin at your home? Punch holes over the box and on the lid. You want oxygen to get in because it is an important part of composting. Put the box in the back yard where it will get at least a small amount of shade during the day.
- Now put in organic materials like grass shavings, wood ashes, rotted fruits and vegetables, hay, and garden waste. You should never add coal ash, pet droppings, and fish products.
- You need to make sure that you mix the compost every few days using a spade. The waste breaks down best when the temperatures are between 120 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The more you add to it the warmer it will become. When it is ready you can use it in your garden as fertilizer.